Bob Freer and his wife Barbara created the Everglades Outpost Wildlife Rescue in 1991. The Outpost is where they live, together with their animals.
A wildlife rescue, and an up-close way
to learn about the Everglades.
Meet Bob Freer
The Wildlife Rescue is Bob’s home.
He and his wife Barbara live
with their rescued animals.
Each animal has
a rescue story!
Each story offers a different
view into the Everglades.
We take in hurt and injured wildlife, rehabilitate it, and release it back to the wild. Most of the animals at the Everglades Outpost have been confiscated from illegal, traumatic and abusive situations. We are different from a zoo in that we are a non-profit run by idealistic volunteers who love and want to help animals.
Our rehabilitation facility provides medical care and treatment to sick and injured animals. Whenever possible, the animal is released to its natural habitat. The animals that cannot be returned to the wild are placed in suitable homes, or remain here under our care.
We are a non-profit 501c(3) educational organization. We are all volunteers. We rely on friends like you to come here to experience the Everglades Outpost and help with tax-deductible donations, so we can take care of the animals, and continue to improve and expand our habitats for them.
– Check out our Groupon deal | Support the Outpost through Amazon. ++ Special offers: Experience a 3-day / 2-night stay at our newly renovated home on the property. This will include a 4 hour gator handling lesson, a 2 hour snake handling lesson, a swamp buggy tour , a private tour of the facility. ($2,200.00 for up to two people) ++ Spend one day with an exotic animal handler. Be a part of the Everglades Outpost team. Learn what it is like to work with the our animals. ($150.00 per person). ++ Interested? Please contact us.
has a rescue story:
- Miami New Times: Outpost one of the 10 best things to do - The Miami New Times is featuring the Everglades Outpost as one of the "10 Best Things To Do in Homestead." The paper writes: "Spend an afternoon strolling around the sanctuary, honing your inner Ron Magill by the tiger area, and channeling your inner Stark near the wolves."
- Everglades Outpost News, March 2016 - As there are so many new events happening here at the Everglades Outpost, we thought this would be a good way to keep everyone informed of everything here. We will also be adding videos to our social media and website.
- Meet Quinton Glenn, Everglades Outpost volunteer - Quinton Glenn , 20, has been with the Outpost since he was 8. Quinton is one of the core volunteers at the Outpost. His responsibilities includes animal handling, tours, wild life presentations and carnivore feedings.
- Support the Outpost through smile.amazon.com - We have teamed up with Amazon.com so you can support the Everglades Outpost every time you make an Amazon purchase. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to...
- The Everglades Outpost from above - Check out this great 1-minute video with aerial impressions of the Everglades Outpost, courtesy of Outpost friend Heiko Kiera (Wildlife Footage, Ojatro.com):
We’re less than an hour’s drive from Miami.
35601 SW 192 Ave
Homestead, FL 33034
Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat & Sun, 10 AM- 6 PM Wed & Thu by appointment only.
One-day membership: $12 (adults), $8 (children), 5 and under free.
Groups of more than 15 receive a free guided tour and wildlife show. Call ahead for appointment.
Family membership ($100): includes a one-time complimentary meet-and-greet tour (by appointment only), unlimited entrance to the park valid for a year (from date of purchase) for 2 adults and up to 4 children/grandchildren. Visitors who purchase the family membership have the option of purchasing up to 4 guest passes for an additional amount of $12.00 per guest pass.
Shows: Venomous Snakes, Alligator Feeding (call about show times)
Download an informational one-pager about the Outpost.
Our animals need your love,