South Florida's most
up-close and personal way
to learn about the Everglades.
Each animal has
a rescue story!
Each story offers a different
view into the Everglades.
Meet Bob Freer
The Wildlife Rescue is Bob’s home.
He and his wife Barbara live
with their rescued animals.
Our animals need your love,
We take in injured animals, rehabilitate them, and release them back into the wild. We educate the public about the Everglades.
We believe in the dignity of every animal. Every animal deserves our love and respect. Every injured animal should have a place to get well.
See educational wildlife shows. Meet the animals. Experience the Everglades up close and personal.
has a rescue story:
- Support the Outpost through smile.amazon.com - We have teamed up with Amazon.com so you can support the Everglades Outpost every time you make an Amazon purchase. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to... Read more.
- The Everglades Outpost from above - Check out this great 1-minute video with aerial impressions of the Everglades Outpost, courtesy of Outpost friend Heiko Kiera (Wildlife Footage, Ojatro.com): Read more.
- American Crocodile eats Go-Pro Camera at Outpost - Several media outlets, including the New York Daily News , report on what happened when Outpost volunteer Chris Madden was trying out his new Go-Pro camera on one of the Outpost's American Crocodiles. Read more.
- Meet Christopher Madden, Everglades Outpost volunteer - Watch this short video of Everglades Outpost volunteer Christopher Madden to learn more about the Outpost, and what's so special about volunteering for this educational nonprofit organization. Read more.
- Everglades Outpost T-shirts on sale - Buy an Everglades Outpost t-shirt for just $15.00. 100% of proceeds go to animal care. Read more.
35601 SW 192 Ave
Homestead, FL 33034
Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat & Sun, 10 AM- 6 PM Wed & Thu by appointment only.
One-day membership: $12 (adults), $8 (children), 5 and under free.
Groups of more than 15 receive a free guided tour and wildlife show. Call ahead for appointment.
Family membership ($100): includes a one-time complimentary meet-and-greet tour (by appointment only), unlimited entrance to the park valid for a year (from date of purchase) for 2 adults and up to 4 children/grandchildren. Visitors who purchase the family membership have the option of purchasing up to 4 guest passes for an additional amount of $12.00 per guest pass.
Shows: Venomous Snakes, Alligator Feeding (call about show times)
Download an informational one-pager about the Outpost.