A wildlife rescue, and an up-close way
to learn about the Everglades.
Each animal has
a rescue story!
Each story offers a different
view into the Everglades.
Meet Bob Freer
The Wildlife Rescue is Bob’s home.
He and his wife Barbara live
with their rescued animals.
Our animals need your love,
We take in injured animals, rehabilitate them, and release them back into the wild. We educate the public about the Everglades.
We believe in the dignity of every animal. Every animal deserves our love and respect. Every injured animal should have a place to get well.
See educational wildlife shows. Meet the animals. Experience the Everglades up close and personal.
has a rescue story:
- Releasing a Possum - Watch as we release a pregnant possum back into nature.
- Remembering Rocky, the Tiger - We are devastated to announce the passing of our beloved tiger, Rocky.
- Releasing a snake at the Everglades Outpost - Everglades Outpost Manager Martha Frassica-Rivera releases a rat snake back into the wild. Rat snakes are good for the environment since they keep rats and mice in check.
- Searching for Max - UPDATE: MAX WAS FOUND AND IS REUNITED WITH MARTHA AND HER FAMILY. A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CONCERN. ++++++ Our dog Max has been stolen from our home in Florida City. Please learn more.
- Releasing a turtle at the Everglades Outpost - Animal Curator Quinton Glenn releases a turtle that was rescued and brought to the Everglades Outpost into a pond.