We take in injured animals, rehabilitate them, and release them back into the wild. We educate the public about the Everglades.
We will miss you, Barbara.
Alligator Surgery is a team effort - especially on a 300-pound nine-footer.
Releasing a native gray fox into the wild
A wildlife rescue, and an up-close way
to learn about the Everglades.
Rounding up alligators at the Everglades Outpost
Releasing a Hawk at the Everglades Outpost
Meet Bob Freer
The Wildlife Rescue is Bob’s home.
He and his wife Barbara live
with their rescued animals.
Each animal has
a rescue story!
Each story offers a different
view into the Everglades.
We believe in the dignity of every animal. Every animal deserves our love and respect. Every injured animal should have a place to get well.
See educational wildlife shows. Meet the animals. Experience the Everglades up close and personal.
– Check out our Groupon deal | Support the Outpost through Amazon. ++ Special offers: Experience a 3-day / 2-night stay at our newly renovated home on the property. This will include a 4 hour gator handling lesson, a 2 hour snake handling lesson, a swamp buggy tour , a private tour of the facility. ($2,200.00 for up to two people) ++ Spend one day with an exotic animal handler. Be a part of the Everglades Outpost team. Learn what it is like to work with the our animals. ($150.00 per person). ++ Interested? Please contact us.
has a rescue story:
- Alligator Surgery - Alligator surgery is a team effort - especially if done on the jaw of a 300-pound nine-footer.
- Releasing a Gray Fox - We recently released a native gray fox back into the wild.
- Releasing a Possum - Watch as we release a pregnant possum back into nature.
- Remembering Rocky, the Tiger - We are devastated to announce the passing of our beloved tiger, Rocky.
- Releasing a snake at the Everglades Outpost - Everglades Outpost Manager Martha Frassica-Rivera releases a rat snake back into the wild. Rat snakes are good for the environment since they keep rats and mice in check.