Bob Freer and his wife Barbara created the Everglades Outpost Wildlife Rescue in 1991. The Outpost is where they live, together with their animals.
Alligator Surgery is a team effort - especially on a 300-pound nine-footer.
Releasing a native gray fox into the wild
A wildlife rescue, and an up-close way
to learn about the Everglades.
We will miss you, Barbara.
Rounding up alligators at the Everglades Outpost
Releasing a Hawk at the Everglades Outpost
Each animal has
a rescue story!
Each story offers a different
view into the Everglades.
We take in hurt and injured wildlife, rehabilitate it, and release it back to the wild. Most of the animals at the Everglades Outpost have been confiscated from illegal, traumatic and abusive situations. We are different from a zoo in that we are a non-profit run by idealistic volunteers who love and want to help animals.
Our rehabilitation facility provides medical care and treatment to sick and injured animals. Whenever possible, the animal is released to its natural habitat. The animals that cannot be returned to the wild are placed in suitable homes, or remain here under our care.
We are a non-profit 501c(3) educational organization. We are all volunteers. We rely on friends like you to come here to experience the Everglades Outpost and help with tax-deductible donations, so we can take care of the animals, and continue to improve and expand our habitats for them.
– Check out our Groupon deal | Support the Outpost through Amazon. ++ Special offers: Experience a 3-day / 2-night stay at our newly renovated home on the property. This will include a 4 hour gator handling lesson, a 2 hour snake handling lesson, a swamp buggy tour , a private tour of the facility. ($2,200.00 for up to two people) ++ Spend one day with an exotic animal handler. Be a part of the Everglades Outpost team. Learn what it is like to work with the our animals. ($150.00 per person). ++ Interested? Please contact us.
- Alligator Surgery - Alligator surgery is a team effort - especially if done on the jaw of a 300-pound nine-footer.
- Releasing a Gray Fox - We recently released a native gray fox back into the wild.
- Releasing a Possum - Watch as we release a pregnant possum back into nature.
- Remembering Rocky, the Tiger - We are devastated to announce the passing of our beloved tiger, Rocky.
- Releasing a snake at the Everglades Outpost - Everglades Outpost Manager Martha Frassica-Rivera releases a rat snake back into the wild. Rat snakes are good for the environment since they keep rats and mice in check.
has a rescue story:
We’re less than an hour’s drive from Miami.
35601 SW 192 Ave
Homestead, FL 33034
Email: info AT evergladesoutpost.org
Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 10 AM- 5 PM. Saturday and Sunday 10 am until 6 PM. Closed on Wednesday and Thursday.
(If Google shows different business hours please know that the above are the correct ones)
One-day membership: $20 (adults), $15 (children), 5 and under free.
Groups of more than 15 receive a free guided tour and wildlife show. Call ahead for appointment. Only available to full-paying adults and not for Groupon or other discount vouchers.
Family membership ($100): includes a one-time complimentary meet-and-greet tour (by appointment only), unlimited entrance to the park valid for a year (from date of purchase) for 2 adults and up to 4 children/grandchildren. Visitors who purchase the family membership have the option of purchasing up to 4 guest passes for an additional amount of $12.00 per guest pass.
Shows: Snakes (non-ven0mous), Alligator Feeding (call about show times)
Download an informational one-pager about the Outpost.