A wildlife rescue, and an up-close way
to learn about the Everglades.
Each animal has
a rescue story!
Each story offers a different
view into the Everglades.
Meet Bob Freer
The Wildlife Rescue is Bob’s home.
He and his wife Barbara live
with their rescued animals.
Our animals need your love,
We take in injured animals, rehabilitate them, and release them back into the wild. We educate the public about the Everglades.
We believe in the dignity of every animal. Every animal deserves our love and respect. Every injured animal should have a place to get well.
See educational wildlife shows. Meet the animals. Experience the Everglades up close and personal.
has a rescue story:
- Releasing a snake at the Everglades Outpost - Everglades Outpost Manager Martha Frassica-Rivera releases a rat snake back into the wild. Rat snakes are good for the environment since they keep rats and mice in check.
- Searching for Max - UPDATE: MAX WAS FOUND AND IS REUNITED WITH MARTHA AND HER FAMILY. A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CONCERN. ++++++ Our dog Max has been stolen from our home in Florida City. Please learn more.
- Releasing a turtle at the Everglades Outpost - Animal Curator Quinton Glenn releases a turtle that was rescued and brought to the Everglades Outpost into a pond.
- Releasing a possum at the Everglades Outpost - Quinton Glenn, animal curator at the Everglades Outpost, releases a possum and explains why possums are good to have around.
- Student volunteering at the Everglades Outpost (video) - Eleven students from Central Michigan University volunteered at the Everglades Outpost for a week in December 2017. Some of the work is not for the squeamish... (Thank you so much for your work and volunteering 🙂